Rationale

For Production Project B, I choose to do option one, Data Visualisation. I chose to visualise two images, 1) my current music library, and 2) my music trends over the last five years. The project was quite simple: chose a design, collect data, and then display it.

Design
I had spent a while researching on the internet for a program that was collect data from iTunes and then produce it into a visualisation, however, could not find any that would display the data the way I had wanted it. I then found wordle, the application was “a toy for generating “word clouds” from text that you provide. The clouds give greater prominence to words that appear more frequently in the source text.” (http://www.wordle.net/). Soon after playing around on it, I found that it was not that useful for the type of visualization I wanted.

Collection
The current data was collected through my iTunes database and iPod. The second images were collected by comparing the music on my old computer and my current. The data was composed by entering the data in to excel file and then producing figures and charts.

Display
The formatting of the project was based on Nicholas Feltron’s Annual reports. This visualisation section of the assignment was produced through Photoshop CS3. Very simple. The sizes of the images were 1440x900. I had used brushes and texts to display the information and also making it look more appealing.